Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Unexpected colour change again

Further to my recent thread when I experienced a colour change when using moulds, blends, fractal fills and transparencies, I'm now getting the same effect with just 1 fractal fill, 1 flat fill and 1 fractal transparency.
    When resizing or just clicking on the right hand graphic I get an unwanted spurious colour change as seen in the bottom right hand graphic.
    Does anyone else experience this with my .xar file? Or even one of your own making?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camouflage3.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	58459  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Unexpected colour change again

I opened your file and the right-hand square had red in it. When I clicked on it, it stayed red as in your screenie, but the moment I moved it, the red changed to brown. I saved the file (because I had moved the right-hand square) and closed it. I re-opened the file and the right-hand square had red in it again.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks, Frank. I was beginning to have buggy thoughts too.
    Can you replicate the ¿bug? by doing the same with the fractal fill and fractal transparency in a new file?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Did exactly as you said and got the results you would expect, i.e. no red.

The only thing that is different about the new file I created and the one you posted is the palette. I would immediately suspect that that's the cause. Don't ask me how, because I'm not technical like that.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Well, I've changed the pallete several times and I end up with variations on a theme of unexpected colour changes with fractal fills with fractal transparencies added.
    I'm now toying with the idea of uninstalling XXP4 and reinstalling, but I like my workspace setup, and it takes a while to recreate it.
    Latest .xar attached. Anyone see what I do with my .xar, or with one that you create?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	58611  
    Attached Files Attached Files

done anything wild in the registry Bob?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Right, here goes.

The problem is not the palette.

What I did was download your original camouflage.xar (the right-hand square was, as expected, red) and copied it to a default blank page. Then what I did was separated it (it turned to brown, as expected) and made a bitmap copy of the two fractals and over laid those. At this point, your original fractal and my bitmap copy looked identical.

But then I zoomed in. And what I found was freaky. At 200% the fractal one turned red again. At any other magnification, it stayed the correct colour, but at 200% it went red. Every time.

At no point in my experiments did my bitmap copy go red.

If your installation of Xtreme is dodgy, then mine must be too. I don't reckon they are.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

no sign of red opening this with xtreme version 2....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve, I've not altered the registry directly. Only with Xareg to create .bak files and Amust registry cleaner which I have used forever about once a week with no problems.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Frank, thanks for experimenting. I'll hold off on the reinstallation. Thanks.
    Saludos,
    Bob.