Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Xara X1 vs. Xara Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris
    The latest version of Xtreme doesn't crash anymore (in any way I know of). Maybe you could continue to use it again, and note if it does crash (even if you can't identify the exact cause), if not for yourself, then for the benefit of others. For the most part, I would now recommend Xtreme over X1, unless people need the features that were removed.
    Well, I've done that - and want to make my way back to X1 again! I kept Xtreme uninstalled until the http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=19503 topic, when I reinstalled. I have 2.0e dated 7th December and expect the CD to arrive in the morning (not sure if it will contain a later revision?)

Today I had four words in one text block, changed the last word to a different font and cut it to the clipboard. Xtreme exited with a serious error immediately after I pressed CTRL+X. The document was a very basic file created in X1 containing just three rectangles as markers for print borders to a pre-cut sheet of paper. Since opening the template I had pasted in a bitmap (not large) from the web and had rotated the text 90º.

Another gripe still present is this: type some text, apply a 1 step contour and a drop shadow to it, copy the result with a left-drag and right click to deposit the copy, then amend the original's text. The contour and drop shadow don't update. The only sure way I have found to update them is to save, close, and reopen the file: moving them, panning them off screen and back on again, scrolling, or drawing a rectangle over it and deleting it doesn't (always?) work. The same thing happens in a more regular workflow but those steps seem to consistently reproduce the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contour.png 
Views:	719 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	22770  
    Last edited by Daniel; 19 December 2005 at 11:35 PM.