Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: eye-dog

Default eye-dog

I tried to use AI to create a hot dog stretched out to fit our eyeTricks eye logo. But something AI gets instantly and other things I don't think even with the best prompts it will even come close.

So for our Facebook cover image I more or less cobbled together the elements and used Immersity AI to create a not so great depth image so I created that is Xara as well.

But I was not happy with the small image and not many visitors to our page liked it either.

I spent more time with it and use the Freehand Tool > Create New Brush managed to get something closer to what I had originally imagined.

The hot dog is a vector shape with a transparency for the highlight. I made this into a bitmap and then a brush.

Ideally the highlight on the hot dog would change for the bottom half.

The bun was a bitmap of a hamburger bun. I added a fading brown transparency top and bottom to represent the toasted edge of the bun. And I made a very wide bitmap to avoid the bun repeating.

I added a warm yellow rectangle over the hot dog brush and applied a Hard Light transparency to change the hot dog into the mustard.

So the zig zag mustard is a thick line made with the Shape Tool and then all the joins smoothed.

The ends of the hot dog do not extend to the end of the rounded line. But with luck, most won't notice.

The relish is a photo of relish.

Not at all perfect but fun to figure out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	et3ds-cover 6-9-2024.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	134994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hot Dog.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	134995  

Default Re: eye-dog

Yes, that was fun reproducing that one Gary:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot-dog.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	135000  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 June 2024 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Updated image
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: eye-dog

Nice Egg!