Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Old software Corel help.

Corel is no longer supporting many of their software line, and they seem to have closed their forum section. So I figured I would try here.

I love Corel Motion Studio 3D, but for some reason it stopped working with Windows 10 Pro. I think it has to do with an update Microsoft made that affects some 32bit software from working entirely within a 64bit system. I was thinking that I could just install Windows 10 32bit and run the program from a virtual machine.

However, I heard rumor that Corel ended support for software activation with Corel Motion Studio 3D. I am uncertain because Corel Support wouldn't even touch base on that, or much of anything regarding MS3D during a chat had with them.

Also, the update feature still downloads when you click on those from within the app. So, I don't know what to think.

I know it is very outdated software, but I still love it, and I have a lot of unfinished projects I was working on. I am also aware that Windows 10 is coming to an end in 2025, but I can install the virtual machine on a computer without internet and/or backup the drive.

Basically, I would love to finish my work with MS3D before I let it go.

If anyone knows a solution, thanks so much for your help.

Default Re: Old software Corel help.

No takers?

Well, ok...

I was thinking that I could just install Windows 10 32bit and run the program from a virtual machine
    try it and see - I have some software that requires this; in fact I had some software that fell over after 4 weeks or so when the trial ended but I could start again from scratch, it depends how the activation works; and, thankfully I no longer need this now at all, so I'm spared the hastle

It depends how much you need the program does it not ?

If Corel cannot help I don't see what else you can do...

EDIT - should add, for the avoidance of doubt, that I had purchased said software, but the activation no longer worked
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am thinking of just trying the virtual machine option while I still can.

I imagine that if I can get it working then I will just finish my projects and then simply consider other options.

I just want to finish my projects, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AYWM View Post
    I just want to finish my projects
    which will never happen if you never begin...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...