Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default disappearing pop up photos

I have two pages on my site each with the same photos - one text in English the other in French. I have the thumbs pop up to a larger size when clicked with the mouse.
    Everything was working fine until I did some SEO tweaks on the site - changed keywords etc. Suddenly MOST of the photos on ONE of the pages no longer pop-up.
    I have replaced the photos on the offending page both from the bitmap gallery and from external files. I have checked and rechecked the web properties and they are all OK. They are on the right layer. When I review the site and hover over the photos I get the hand icon but it just won't pop-up.
    If you want to see it go to www.la-belle-demeure.com, chose English version at top RH corner, select the La Belle Demeure button and check the photos. If you want to see how they should work go back to the English Welcome page, select French version and click on the La Belle Demeure button. You will see the same photos working OK.
    I have no idea what changed it from working to not working and I can find no obvious errors.
    Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
    Regards,

Default Re: disappearing pop up photos

Hi
    Checked your site and the photo roll overs work fine for me in either language using IE8
    Derek
    Edit. Tried again and it seems that only the photos on the front page work, no mouse over effects on other pages what so ever

Yes, we are aware of this bug. It is already fixed but it was still present in the latest release we had.
    I will try to help you work this around.
    First thing, try to move the problematic images by the pixel or two and re-export the site. If it doesn't help or you don't wish to move anything, you can try to create these objects from the scratch.
    It was noticed that such problem may happen when duplicating pages with thumb pop-ups. I believe it was the way you have made the English version of the page from the French one.
    So, try to delete the object that doesn't work, and then create a new one on it's place.
    This should help.
    John.

Hi John,
    I will try the moving idea but I can say that I have already deleted and replaced the picts a number of times. With some it worked - with others no such luck!
    Regards,

Hi John,
    Moved all of the picts on the english page just to try out your work around but no change - the ones that popped up before still do so, the other still don't!!
    What is the problem? More importantly how do I get my site up and running again??
    Many thanks for your help.
    Regards,

Hi John,
    Just tried your second fix - delete thumbs and re-install.
    I deleted and re-installed from external files.
    No change - still don't work in browser.
    Regards,

Don't know if this will help or not, but I looked at the properties for the same link on both pages, page is; http://www.la-belle-demeure.com/house_french.htm first photo upper left.
    In french the link is: javascript:xr_pv(%27index_htm_files/103.jpg%27,500,376,%27La-Belle-Demeure%20-%20Front%20of%20House%27) and works.

In english, the same link says: http://www.la-belle-demeure.com/ScaledPopup_22 and doesn't work.

Thanks Jimhanus,
    I saw that but why is XXpro5 not applying the pop-up script?
    That is the question...........
    Best regards,

They're all working for me. Have you found the cause of the problem now?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host