Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Making Pop Arts.

Hey everyone,I've got another question.

Have any of you heard of Pop Arts?There's this tutorial on how to make Pop Arts using Photoshop.I used this picture.Well being a total newbie at Photoshop,I gave up halfway through.Does anyone know how to achieve this or something like this in PSP?

Any help is appreciated in advance.Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Making Pop Arts.

I would recommend to use a vector graphics editor, instead of a pixel graphics program in order of creating this kind of drawings.

The following examples are created with Xara Xtreme and are true (scalable) vector graphics:

Regards,
    Remi
    IP

This is a nice tutorial. You can achieve this in any vector drawing application as well.

Thanks for the link.
    IP

Hmm I don't use that program.I'm extremely useless in using new things.Is this forum available for requests then?Maybe there's someone out there who's nice enough to help me achieve that.I'm not requesting here.But do you guys know if there's a request section on this forum?I couldn't find anything.
    IP

This forum is all about helping an suggesting one to another. If you have anything on your mind ask ahead. The forums are divided into sections (if you have a question/request regarding flash - post it into the flash forum for example) if your question/request/suggestion/comment does not apply to any of the forums then you should post it in the Off Topic forum.

About learning: Learning is something that comes with experience and practice, like anything else. Since no one can sit beside you and "trail" you, you will have to manage it by yourself. Just get the program you want to learn, and seek for tutorials. I will not even try to post you links to tutorials because the internet is literaly swarming with them.

I.e. if you want to learn photoshop just do a search on "photoshop tutorials". You'll get more than a million results - just follow them (that's the important thing).

Then, if you have a question, you can ask away.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you will not be able to learn any new skills.

Good luck

Availor.
    IP

^Alright.Thanks for the help and words.I'll try.I guess I give up easily.
    IP

Corel used to have a Pop Art tutorial for PSP but for some reason now they only have tutorials for PSPPXI and I can't find any sort of archives...

Maybe I'll add this to my list of tuts to write but right now what I can tell you is that you can create vectors with PSP. The tools aren't as powerful as the ones found in Adobe Illustrator but they do quite a decent job.

I didn't read the full tutorial but several of the commands are also available in PSP, so maybe you'll still be able to follow it.
    IP

It can be done in PSP PRO.

I'll add the tut soon. Here's an example with Marilyn Monroe as Popart.

URL for the tutorial
    http://mccluer.name/popart.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marilyn pop art compare.jpg 
Views:	5346 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	33519  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 21 December 2006 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added URL
    IP

Charcoal Etching added to the above Marilyn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marilyncharcoal.jpg 
Views:	1948 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	33529  
    IP