Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XP 64 bit

Default XP 64 bit

I'm having problems with xara on a 64bit windows xp machine. Just wondering if anyone else has loaded it on the same platform? Specifically the feather tool does not work ... forces me to close xara and restart and the file is lost. Also the picture editor has features missing. Displays buttons with a red circle and slash. I have contacted support but they were unable to duplicate the problem on a vista rc2 machine. Just to be clear I'm using windows xp 64 not Vista.

Default Re: XP 64 bit

I am using 64 bit machine using XP and have no problems. I think it is down more to the problems with your graphics card than anything else. I had huge problems trying to get GoLive to work on my new machine and had to wait for printer drivers from HP and I still have problems with my scanner, can only use PhotoShop for the capture.
    Design is thinking made visual.

What version are you using? X1, Xtreme? Xtreme does support XP, so everything should work. I used it briefly on XP 64 and it was fine.

Have you tried reinstalling?
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I'm using Xtreme Pro now with the same issues. Seems that it doesn't want to register properly in the windows registry. I got past some issues by installing it in program files instead of the program files(x86). However the common files are still being installed in program file (x86) and I'm wondering if those dll's are not being registered properly.

Unhappy Re: XP 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I am using 64 bit machine using XP and have no problems. I think it is down more to the problems with your graphics card than anything else. I had huge problems trying to get GoLive to work on my new machine and had to wait for printer drivers from HP and I still have problems with my scanner, can only use PhotoShop for the capture.
    Hmmm ... thats interesting. I'm using a dual monitor card A Nvidia Quadro FX 3500. Problem is I work for a major company and to get the IT department to start switching out video cards is not a small feat.