Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Looking For Good 3D Graphics Software

Anyone know of any good free to download 3D graphics software? Also, how do I include 3D graphics into a webpage??? Do I use the
    HTML Code:
    <object></object>
    tags???

Default Re: Looking For Good 3D Graphics Software

Hi Markster

How about giving Google Sketh-Up a try. It's fantastic, free & fun to use.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Mark: The link for the free Google SketchUp is here: http://www.sketchup.com/

Typically if you want to show a model in a webpage you export a jpg image showing a view of your model. 3d models are not usually embedded into web pages. There are ways to do that but nothing for a beginner and most of the tools are relatively expensive. The practicality is also hampered by the reality that 3d models often have large file sizes that makes them too large to embed.

One thing you can do with Google SketchUp is upload your models to Google's 3dwarehouse. You can then provide links to your models on your webpage. If the website visitor installs the free Google SketchUp too they can download your model from 3dwarehouse.

Regards, Ross

Thar she blows!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Depends on what kind of 3D you want to do. Google Sketchup is a good place to start to get concepts down.

Daz Studio is free and makes 3D bipeds (humans), but they try to sell you add ons and stuff. (comes with free models)

Wings3D is a modeling program for making 3D models of any kind, but has no texture or rendering engine (you need rendering engine to finish your model so it can exist outside of the program.)

If you want to do Web Thing rotations and stuff, Xara3D is not bad. Has it's limitations, but puts out stunning work.

Blender is free and can do about everything. It has a very long learning curve though. Pretty good support and community for free 3D software though.

Anim8tor is another free 3D program. Comes with good tutorials and pretty good community of support.

If you notice the chinese midget I have in the GIF animation. It was a poser model that I morphed out and shrunk in Poser 6. I think exported the animation of it running as PNG 32 bit individual files. Then I import into a GIF animation program I have, adjust it a bit and poke the virtual 3D funny schtick at Ross MacIntosh (about Google Sketchup, heh heh.)

This animation was imported as png files then exported as a GIF, then reimported as an AVI, then re-imported as a GIF, saved as a GIF. Why? Because I'm just that type of guy who likes chicken neck bones and glass stop signs! Okay!? er..nmmm. it was a 60s thing when..er nm...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very clever animation james. I had a bit of fun with it here:
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...348#post160348
    Hope you don't mind me borrowing the kid...
    Getting back on topic, there are java applets for viewing 3d objects online. Here is a link I have bookmarked:
    Java View
    http://www.javaview.de/
    I also remember a quicktime viewer for 3d rooms. Gocubic, I think. Do a Google search for it.
    Then there is a plugin for 3d max which can output a vectorized version for Flash....
    Lots more I can't recall right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman
    Very clever animation james. I had a bit of fun with it here:
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...348#post160348
    Hope you don't mind me borrowing the kid...
    Getting back on topic, there are java applets for viewing 3d objects online. Here is a link I have bookmarked:
    Java View
    http://www.javaview.de/
    I also remember a quicktime viewer for 3d rooms. Gocubic, I think. Do a Google search for it.
    Then there is a plugin for 3d max which can output a vectorized version for Flash....
    Lots more I can't recall right now...

heh heh, yeah I saw it and it's very cool. Good topic on adapting 2D animations. Nice adaptation of the chinese midget making the beast run.

If you are looking foa a free 3d softeare

Blender is the best chioise.
    you can find a lot of tutorials in the web.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

All good suggestions.

For me, if I had to do it all over again, I would start with Wings 3D for my modeler and Kerkythea for my renderer. Both solid programs and nice learning curve.

There's also Silo. While it's not free but at $109.00, it's pretty darn close. If you act quickly you will get version 2 for free when it's released any day now.

~Liam~
    SLA'INTE

Terrific choices