Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Open WD - ctrl+select (or shift+select) your .web files in explorer and drop them onto the WD title bar.
    Viola! Multi-import.

Just as simple as (or maybe simpler than?);
    Open WD - go to: File>>Open>>Ctrl+Select (or shift+select) and pressing open.

And this is NOT a workaround.
    It's a method to achieve the desired result.
    A way to 'succeed'
    I want to import multiple images at a time while working on a site without having to flick back and forth between folders and WD.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    See my edit above about the arrow.
    You can do it with two tweens but with complex paths I would hope for quicker and easier way to implement.
    LOL! Well I can't answer accurately if you edit your post 6 times while I'm writing my response and sipping my tea John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six_edits.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	58220

I tell you what, Egg or salaam will be able to answer this much better than I.
    They are the Flash'spurts here at TG
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    I want to import multiple images at a time while working on a site without having to flick back and forth between folders and WD.
    Open widows explorer, go to the directory, select your (multiple) image files, drag them over to XWD. Job done.

Paul
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Ah, ok.

You could always add your images folder(s) to the WD designs gallery.
    IP

Yeh, Steve .sorry about that. Mangle couple fingers in right hand; keep hitting the wrong keys.
    IP

Just another quicky. The page name on the status bar at the bottom right, could you make it a bit wider? I've also noticed that when moving through the pages using the up/down arrows, the subsequent pages don't change to the current one. What I mean is that if you're on page 1 and navigate to page 3 using the arrow, page 1 is still the current so any changes you make (say deleting a layer) that you think is on page 3 will be deleted from page 1. Perhaps as you move through the pages the one showing could be the highlighted one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	58466  
    Last edited by nickydude; 31 March 2009 at 08:03 PM.
    IP

!) contact form
    2) ecommerce solution
    3) paypal integration
    Last edited by pat123; 01 April 2009 at 07:52 AM.
    IP

on my wish list would be:

1. that when you increase the length of a page everything repositions automatically to the top of the page rather than having to SELECT ALL and then manually move everything up.

There's something odd about extending the bottom of a page and then finding that the extra space has actually been added to the top.

2. Saving folder names with the .web file so you don't end up overwriting the previous web you were working on . . . I suspect we've all been there by now!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    There's something odd about extending the bottom of a page and then finding that the extra space has actually been added to the top.
    Er?? This is not the case in Xara Web Designer
    Either manually dragging at the bottom of the page or increasing the length from Options>>Page Size always adds the extension to the bottom (foot) here.

Xara Xtreme behaves the way you describe, but not so with WD
    IP

Thumbs up Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Navigation through the template galleries, i.e. when you open a picture and get the popup on your site you can move to next or previous images.
    IP