Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Resizing images

Hybrid View

Default Re: Resizing images

Whatever is actually going on, I may have found an easy work-around - I tried grabbing the corner handle and stretching it only in one direction and that seemed to work, at least it worked on the attachment I posted. I'm going to try this for a while and see if that works.

To all who posted here, I've read everything and I apologize if I've seemed ungrateful. I've always found TalkGraphics folks to be extraordinarily kind and helpful and the folks who posted here certainly have lived up to that history. I do a lot of stuff on Xara and very often have to resize clipped images and it seems like every time I have to do this, I've been frustrated by this behavior. I don't know why I didn't try the corner handle before, but it did work the one time I tried it on the attachment. I still think the program change was wrongheaded. I tried switching to Illustrator once several years ago and I don't want to go through all the hassle and expense again, so if this works, I'll try to be happy. If I have further problems, I'll post again.

daniel's suggestion of checking your ALT key was a good one, worth doing just in case...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by charliescoffee View Post
    Whatever is actually going on, I may have found an easy work-around - I tried grabbing the corner handle and stretching it only in one direction and that seemed to work, at least it worked on the attachment I posted. I'm going to try this for a while and see if that works.

To all who posted here, I've read everything and I apologize if I've seemed ungrateful. I've always found TalkGraphics folks to be extraordinarily kind and helpful and the folks who posted here certainly have lived up to that history. I do a lot of stuff on Xara and very often have to resize clipped images and it seems like every time I have to do this, I've been frustrated by this behavior. I don't know why I didn't try the corner handle before, but it did work the one time I tried it on the attachment. I still think the program change was wrongheaded. I tried switching to Illustrator once several years ago and I don't want to go through all the hassle and expense again, so if this works, I'll try to be happy. If I have further problems, I'll post again.
    I think you are now eligible for the T-shirt: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ng-megathread/

Hope you crack it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat