Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Chris, I personally would not want my variant being randomly changed by alterations in Main.
I too would prefer the variant not to be linked until I chose.
Totally agree. To show how much more work is involved...Pre-Blocks I would make a site, edit the objects to how I like and then create a variant where I would move the pre-edited objects into place.
Post-Block, if I edit an object, I then have to go to the variant and do the same, or stop sharing, delete and go back to the other variant and share again.
Marquee select doesn't work, so selecting objects en-masse isn't possible, and shift clicking all the individual objects adds too much time.

As a user, I don't really care why Smart Shapes broke the Snap To Object, I would just like it fixed. This is on my list of reasons why I don't, yet, trust Blocks enough to make a site where I have a deadline to keep.

If you try to invoke Repeat On All Pages on an object, the warning is it cannot be done because the object is Live Shared. I do understand why Repeat On All Pages would cause its own set of problems, but I can't see why a whole Block can't be repeated. This is more of a niggle, and it isn't one of the reasons why I find using Blocks non-viable.

In my mind, I would create a Block(s), edit to what I want, flick it/them into a variant knowing the Blocks will fit to the page size without sticking out to the right for absolutely no reason. I would then open said variant, tuck the objects in, kiss their foreheads and turn out the lights. If that's never going to happen, let me know, and I can wipe away my tears get on with my life, much like I did when I realised I was never going to marry Jennifer Connelly back in the '90s.