I've had to recover a lot of files over the years, not all are successful. As with all software, you tend to gravitate to the familiar, and this is true of tools.

I find that if my top 2 fail, they're all going to fail. With that in mind, I start with Stellar (formally Stellar Phoenix). Failing a result, I go for EaseUS. Now, EaseUS has gone through some changes in the last few years, and I backed away for a while, moving to MiniTool. However, they seem to be more stable again. EaseUS uses a different read method to Stellar, which is why I use both. EaseUS is more user-friendly, but Stellar has the reputation and track record. Both have a limited free trial.

Stellar >>> Data Recovery Software Free Download – Stellar Data Recovery (stellarinfo.com) <<< Scroll down slightly for the specific photo recovery. I personally think it's the same as standard recovery with a sprinkle of marketing. The bottom of the page has testimonials from a selection of ethnic groups and a bearded tech type with a man-bun to prove their product is good.

EaseUS - >>> EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional | Reliable Data Recovery Tool <<< Be aware that EaseUS uses the god awful SAAS payment. It's also ridiculously high because they know everyone is going to cancel as soon as the job is done. Marketing dept, is hoping you'll forget to cancel, and they can squeeze another payment out of you before you rage at them for a refund. They also have a photo/video specific tool called Fixo...it works as badly as its name, don't be tempted.