I'm confused too LOL

I've spent the last 24 hours trying to figure this out. I've tried both exporting the site to the local drive using the 'export website' option and going the whole way and publishing the site on-line.
In my efforts, I created a new folder on my local drive and exported the site to the new folder. When I looked at the folder after exporting, this seemed to have worked. So I then published the site on-line.

After a bit of playing about, I realised that it was the variants that weren't working anymore. The site is visible at 1024 resolution but the Tablet and Mobile variants now show blank screens. Take a look at the site at www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk to see what I mean - reduce the size of the browser window and the site goes blank. Likewise, looking at the site on a tablet or mobile now displays a blank screen.

I can't say for certain that it's anything to do with the recent upgrade; all I can say is that it was working perfectly fine before I downloaded the upgrade. Bit of a puzzler, this one.