Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: PixelServed - a simple way to preview Xara designs on an Android Device

PixelServed is not related with webdesign or responsive webdesign. Is a simple tool that I've build for myself to prototype UI designs created with Xara and preview (mirror) them on a device (to simply check the design). This is similar with the Photoshop CC new option "Device Preview".

PixelServed is a free app, is not a commercial product, is just a simple utility to make things simple for those who use Xara for UI design.

Default Re: PixelServed - a simple way to preview Xara designs on an Android Device

@Leonard - in case you get the wrong idea from my earlier post - I completely understand why people want Xara to morph to that responsive website solution. I think it's just understanding why that's not possible without turning the software into another product entirely. So many people have wanted Xara to be that responsive solution.

Xara's adaptive approach (different sites served according to browser width) isn't responsive, but in some ways is even better than a responsive solution, in others not quite so good.

Adaptive solutions allow for different (and lighter downloads) according to the browser width. That can be a great thing for mobile. The downside is that you have to design multiple sites (as easy as Xara makes it).

With responsive sites, the downloads and design remain mostly the same. It could mean a longer download than strictly is necessary for mobile.

Swings and roundabouts.