Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting .flv or mp4 into Xara 10 Premium

I am frustrated and don't know what to do.

I had to reinstall a clean version of Windows7, then reinstalled XARA 10 premium from the website. Previously, when I mad web pages, I simply went to <file> <import> then selected my .flv file. When it imported it, it asked to start to auto start or Don't auto start. I selected don't auto start. The video (grayed out) was placed on the page with a widget arrow in the center to be clicked on the published webpage to view the video. It worked fine.

Now, however, with the newly installed version, when I perform the same procedure as above, the video appears as a frame with nothing in the middle and a small "x" in the top left. There is no grayed out video element like above nor an arrow widget to start.

When I view the webpage, nothing happens. I can see a frame around where the video is supposed to be with the "x: in the top corner, but nothing works as before.

I uninstalled then reinstalled XARA to no avail. Help??

Default Re: Inserting .flv or mp4 into Xara 10 Premium

A couple of things:-

Is the video placeholder on the correct layer (MouseOff, usually)?

Have you considered uploading your video to YouTube and just embedding that instead? It solves a lot of problems - especially in cross-compatibility between devices, and streaming at a lower resolution on slower connections.