Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
You have been able to specify lines in terms of length and angle since Version 1! In the shape editor tool, make sure the "straight line" button is selected then click to set an endpoint and then click and drag to create a straight line. As you drag you'll see the L (length) and A (angle) fields update in the infobar. Furthermore, while any point is selected the infobar will show the length and angle of straight lines on either side of it and let you type in new values to move the selected point.

It's also possible to draw things to scale. Use the Scaling tab on the Options dialog.

Phil
PhilM,
Thanks for that information.
The problem I have now is, after drawing a line (should I decide to modify it) and select it, the infobar only describes the line in rectangular coordinates (Width & Height) rather than polar (Length & Angle).
That means I would have to convert from W/H to L/A then change either L or Angle (or both) and convert back to W/H and enter the new values in the infobar.
I can, with the use of a calculator, do the conversions, but it would be nice if Length and Angle readings could be included on the infobar. Maybe there's a way and I just can't find it.
Also, is there a way to change the default zero angle direction to the East direction (which now is -180 deg.)? There are even times where zero would best be served in the North direction.
Thanks again for the response.
John