Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I search for a specific term on this forum?

Good evening all. I am finding my level of frustration is rising because I cannot figure out how to search for a very specific phrase.

I al looking for anything related to "page number" or "page numbering" or "pagination" or "autonumber page". The search engine insists on presenting me with everything that includes "page" but I don't need that.

I want to figure out how to set page numbering, if possible, for a lengthy document and put it into a header or a footer.

Default Re: How do I search for a specific term on this forum?

Hi Russell,

I’m not an expert on the page numbering, though I know that earlier versions didn’t include it. I think there were some ways of doing it manually, but others here will know more about this, if you check back.

Regarding searches you can always use Google by restricting it to this site, as follows:

“page numbering” “pro 6” site:talkgraphics.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
    Hi Russell,

I’m not an expert on the page numbering, though I know that earlier versions didn’t include it. I think there were some ways of doing it manually, but others here will know more about this, if you check back.

Regarding searches you can always use Google by restricting it to this site, as follows:

“page numbering” “pro 6” site:talkgraphics.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    That Google method is ... stunningly useful. Thanks! I have to look at Google's "cached" link, rather than the link title, not sure why, but it does make it much easier to narrow things down substantially. Thanks once again.

As nearly as I can tell from reading forum posts, page numbering is not a feature implemented by this product yet. It is such an elementary document construction element, I hope the developers include it soon. I DO work in longer documents, often.

Thanks once again. That has been a useful technique, which I will clip out to a text document so I can copy & paste (edited) for other searches.

Thanks Russell - pleased to help.

I don't know as much as others here but I think you may be right about the page numbering, though I'm sure they would be working on it. Each time they bring out a new release it has many new features, and they pay attention to their customers.

That has been a useful technique, which I will clip out to a text document so I can copy & paste (edited) for other searches.
    When you have time you might like to also search for "Google Search Operators". One page that comes up there is:

http://www.cresoft.com/blog/google-search-operators/

Those operators help you filter out the white noise in searches.

Best of luck with the page numbering - hopefully someone here will still have some ideas.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).