Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Resignation as Moderator.

Thanks Egg for all your work and support over the years. Glad you'll be sticking around. Sometimes stuff happens and you just have to change gears.
    IP

I’m very sorry to hear that Egg is resigning as a moderator. I don’t know what is going on with this forum and that disturbs me a little as it’s always been a very friendly and fair island of cooperation and reason. I certainly don’t like the idea that anyone, Xara, Magix (?) are attempting to control or censor contributions for some reason, particularly without explantion. Moderation has always been the job of the Moderators and it has always been done very well by all.
    As a long time contributor on TG and an even longer user and supported of Xara I feel that I, and many others, deserve an explanation as to what going on and how it might affect the future of this forum, Xara and its users.
    Derek
    IP

Egg, it's a bummer you decided relinquish your moderator status, but, I'm glad you had the gumption to stick up for what's best for you. It's nice to hear you'll be sticking around and lending your talent and support. I look forward to reading your future, un-self-moderated posts, tutorials, and videos.

Maybe we can convince the old Xara team to file for divorce from their second marriage that all of a sudden seems to be going terribly wrong.

Chin up!,
    Harry
    Last edited by HayTay; 23 June 2010 at 10:53 PM.
    IP

Hi Egg,
    Can I echo the others sentiments that we are sorry you do not feel able to continue as a moderator. I also have gained much of my meagre knowledge of Xara through your work. Thank goodness you will still be around the traps.

The current upheaval in the forum mimics our upheaval in Canberra where we may have a new prime minister in about 15 minutes. We live in a volatile world.

Erik
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Resignation as Moderator.

Egg and I started moderating sometime in the late 1800's I believe. I might be wrong on the date as my memory is starting to fade.

I just want to add my thanks for all the hard work and help you have offered. There are too many members to count who have benefited from your help, Egg.

Take care my friend.
    IP

Thanks for everyones replies and yours patrticularly Gary. 1789 if memory serves me well. I've made my point & no longer wish to prolong it, so I'll lock this thread and sign off as moderator. It's been a pleasure meeting you all.

Egg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 23 June 2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Dear Egg,
    What sad news! I join with many others being sadden and somewhat bewildered, to see you resign from your moderator's position. I am sure with very good reason.
    When things start to happen in secrecy and without explanation it can often be the signal of the beginning of the end. In case someone missed what I am saying, is this the beginning of the demise of this valauble forum which is very highly rated among members. I would suggest a forum is only as good as the moderators and contribution and respect of members.
    Egg, we mere mortals cannot even start to comprehend the time you have given us. Thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated. We will watch with interest as you continue on the forum.
    Giving of oneself is not the modern trend but Egg, you have given so much and very highly regarded among members.

Oh, yes, and while on the subject of moderators. What's happened to Xhris?
    Rupert

Silence is not golden but contributes to a lost cause.
    IP

Hi,
    I think Xara should make aware to the general membership on the forum what these changes entail, or if it is a change to the 'Moderators' rules of conduct.
    After all this forum flourishes with the spirit conveyed by it's members, and it is the members buying Xara products and posting the 'help' that others requests,that keep the forum alive.
    IP

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Please see this new thread in the announcements forum:-

http://talkgraphics.com/showpost.php...91&postcount=1

Regards

Neil
    Xara
    IP

Goodbye everyone.

You may or may not have noticed that Xhris only shows up about the time of a new release. Not a very active or valued contributor in my eyes.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP