Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Before I go mad...

Can someone please explain me following:

when I replace a picture in a website layout why is this picture not automatically updated (replaced) in the preview? What I mean is that if I push the mouse over it in the preview the old (original) picture jumps up (mouseover effct), not the replaced one! So what am I making wrong?

I have watched all tutorials and lost a minimum of 4 hours trying but found no solution! So I hope someone here can help...

This is not what I understand by WYSIWYG & easy...

Regards

I'm using Xara Xtreme Pro4 German

Default Re: Before I go mad...

Thanks for posting in English

From what I understand of your post, I think your need to 'export' to html before the 'preview' will update the new image.
    Have you tried this?

The reason it perhaps the original image is still in your browser cache and the export folder with the same image number (like 1.png or 1.jpg)

Or, you have not replaced the mouseover image. If you have a rollover button (the one that changed it's look when you move the mouse pointer over it), it is made of 2 objects (or groups). You have to replace both of them.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Or, you have not replaced the mouseover image. If you have a rollover button (the one that changed it's look when you move the mouse pointer over it), it is made of 2 objects (or groups). You have to replace both of them.

are you telling me tzhat if I make a foto website of let's say 200-300 fotos, i have to replace them 1 by 1??? I hope not! that would suck BIGtime

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Have you tried this?
    not yet, but I will as soon as I have time to do it. I also will try to make a video of all my moves that you can see exactly what hapenes, ok?

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    are you telling me tzhat if I make a foto website of let's say 200-300 fotos, i have to replace them 1 by 1??? I hope not! that would suck BIGtime
    No, I'm telling you that you still have an old rollover effect because you had not replaced mouseover object.
    I'm not sure I'm with you regarding your "1 by 1" concern...
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    you had not replaced mouseover object.
    Oh, sorry, but what is that or how do I do it? I thought that I only have to replace things (text, fotos, etc.) in the template & everything would be updated automatically... Can you please explain in simple English (I'm not so good in English)

Thanx

I can not tell exactly because I don't know what template and what image you are trying to replace.
    Please attach your .web file and tell what object you are tring to replace. Then we will be able to help you.
    John.

As I wrote before I shot a short video of what I am doing exactly; I think that will tell you more than 1000 words could do

Please see it here: http://viralurl.com/s/BBBL

to start the movie scroll to the bottom of the page there is the control bar
    Thanx

I have see your movie.
    I think your forgot about exanging the mouseover image , maybe you have turned of the layers visiblity , tats way you dont see it.