Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: The WD HTML structure furore

@Ross:
    A fair and objective summary.

@Ron (hexen53):
    The main problem is, a critical debate about the lack of semantically meaningful HTML and proper use of CSS within Websites exported from Xara Webdesigner doesn't make sense, as long as new users are so enthusiastic about the new Xara Web Designer and are seeing criticisms as an attack. If I understand it right, even now some members are starting to see "dark goals" behind our criticism. Such a misrepresentation would be not fair, but unfortunately, this is a normal reaction you can see very often.

@Risto:
    I agree with you, that John (covoxer) has given some answers and NOBODY has said the he is stupid, OK?!
    It's also more than understandable that some (not all) of his statements are to oppose against our review of his own work (the HTML export filter), instead of accepting our arguments. I have no problems with that, but as I said before, I know that there are better ways in order to reach the goal. It needs some time to develop other approaches and you can be sure that Xara will hear some compliments (not only from my side), whenever Xara Web Designer will be there.

@Bob (Soquili):
    I agree with you, that we should give Xara a little time to sell some licenses. Maybe we're able to start another discussion in 6-12 months about the generated HTML code. This should not be a real problem, because the problems with the HTML code will not go away within this timeframe (and maybe in the meantime there will be more insight).

If we're trying to discuss these facts further on, than I'm sure that the knowledged (X)HTML/CSS experts will not only be held responsible for
    • a bad mood of other members, but also for
    • the whole business success of Xara Ltd. and maybe
    • the worldwide business crisis and furthermore
    • the global warming during the last 100 years (which is surely just the result of our increased discussion activity).

In the meantime everyone should make his own experiences.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 09 March 2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
    IP