Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Unable to Activate Xtreme Pro 5 Trial

its a good principle - of course to apply it correctly you would need to know how many of xara's customers have this problem - if it only be you, it bounces straight back in your direction like as not

but I have been nagged once today already so I'll say no more this time round - except good luck, now, and in the future
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    Occam's Razor tells me the problem is with Xara, not with my PC.
    BONES, please check your Windows registry for this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\5.1\Opti ons\UserInfo

Is it empty?

No, there are 4 keys - (Default), Company, Licensee and Serial no. Interestingly though, the serial no. field is completely and utterly wrong. The number of digits and the digits themselves are nothing like the actual serial no.
    I've heard nothing back from Xara support, I'm going to put a rocket up 'em.
    BTW, that's the first time in years I've had to use RegEdit. I'd almost forgotten how.

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    Interestingly though, the serial no. field is completely and utterly wrong. The number of digits and the digits themselves are nothing like the actual serial no.
    Correct.
    The human readable license number is elsewhere (not in the registry) in a hidden folder.

I have the same problem but slightly different as when I try to activate with Ser. No. and email I get "error 1" stating to try and disable firewall which I have done. Never had this problem before with any Xara products and when I downloaded the first version of Pro 5 I put in my serial and everything went hunky dory. This time because I still had version 4 & 5 on my machine it asked me to remove Pro 5 before installing the newer version. Tried un-installing and then re-installing makes no difference and of course with or without the firewall which is Norton 360 with Xara allowed in Norton's setup. Had a look at what Steve was asking Bones to do and I have exactly the same values as he has although in Pro 4 it is different because it is registered. I even tried downloading the trial again to see if I could use that as it has been registered before but the same answer with the error. Hope the CD comes soon as I have only six days left. Not too bothered as I am quite happy to use Pro 4 as I have to static sites that I have to do at the moment and I have WD.
    Last edited by Albacore; 30 June 2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I have been really disappointed with Xara's support. So far they have only sent a response when I have poked them. They say "try this...", so I do. Then I send them a reply saying that it didn;t work and I get nothing back until I go and ask why they haven't responded. It's very disappointing.

It's summertime in the UK.
    Annual leave etc

Unhappy Re: Unable to Activate Xtreme Pro 5 Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I have the same problem but slightly different as when I try to activate with Ser. No. and email I get "error 1" ....
    This Problem exactly appears here when i had activated Windows User Logon Account (do not know it it is correct english word here in germany we say: "Benutzerkonten") by default.
    Windows sets this automaticly as a security standard.
    Most users here had deactivated this to run XARA but this is no good solution.

So my XARA Xtreme is only working if i shut off the Windows User Logon Account - there is no way to get it run without any errors if i use the default window settings - a real mess and a painfull error because XARA Xtreme is the one and only application that needs this - so here the programers had a system-bug wich was introduced with Xara 3 (i was not able to run Extreme without errors - only the shutoff of "Benutzerkonten" helped) and was there in Version 4 and still there in Version 5 - no it has even more made of this bug:
    In former versions i was able to run "Setup" and install my version...
    Now if i have activated "Benutzerkonten" i'm not able to install it...
    Please XARA Developers fix this case: I want to use my Windows System normal regular without any workarounds only to make Xtreme run smoothly and normal....

Michael

Do you mean 'UAC' (User Account Control) in Vista?

This shouldn't cause a problem anymore.
    I have installed Xtreme 5 and Xtreme Pro 5 (trials) on many Vista machines with UAC enabled.
    I believe the last patch for version 4 was the first to allow installations without needing to use 'Run as Admin'.

Xcellent's activation limit post moved here