Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon thread

Hybrid View

You are dead right about tricky Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have just chucked another prototype I just cant get the right feel or shape [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I made a sort of fin/web for around the Dragons head and I tried to optimze the points and I was told not enough memory and I have 400m assigned to Cinema.

Ah well back to the drawing board again,I might take a break from dragons for a few days.

Stu.

Really an aerodynamic head. Looks very promising and inspiring to me (To get the fun, spend the mon', c'mon c'mon, to Maxon!).
    Maxon should hire you as their personal "flagship".

What I also like is the way you put the eyes looking like a human, or any other highly developed mammal. When there is an eye at both sides of the skull, the animal has a wider view, but cannot really "fix" its attention.

Problem: I work mostly with a pressure sensitive tablet and a pen (Wacom Intuos). When I touch the scene in the Cinema Art Demo, the shape I drew jumps away, and the longer I hold, the further it speeds away. This is annoying, and not normal behaviour. There must be a setting of some king, but where? I don't find it.
    Another thing: Does anyone of you have, and uses the Smells like Almonds shaders and cares to comment them?

Note: did any of you ever wonder how comes that in ancient China as well as in the European Middle Ages, they represented a dragon as a dinosaur, while the first dinosaurs were only discovered in the nineteenth century?

Coincidence? Hazard? Of course, we won't upset your peaceful sleep, now wouldn't we...? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 09, 2001 at 07:48.]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 09, 2001 at 07:54.]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 09, 2001 at 07:59.]

Hi Stu,

Sorry I've been absent the last few days. Been 'out of the loop' so to speak. Your dragon head looks like a winner from over here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The eyes are well placed, the jaw is firmly attached, and I love the detail on the rim going down it's nose (center of face). I hope you keep working on the rest of the dragon, cause I'd love to see this thing full bodied. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here we go,I set it up this way so that you can how I am doing things Earl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I chucked quite a few hyper nurbs and sub divided by one instead as I figure the scales and other stuff will cover it all anyway and it doesnt need to be really smooth.

The lower back muscels in this shot that look like a fan shape have been chucked also after this shot was taken as that small piece was 1m in size [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Just a few samll touch ups now and I can get onto the legs,although the junction where evrything joins at the waist is pretty tricky to get right also [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	13384  

I was goofing and taking a break from Dragons and I came up with this,I thoght it might give you guys a laugh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I call it man with hammeroids.

Stu.

Name:	Man.jpg 
Views:	716 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	16122  

hehe, sorry Stu. "Bone" is usually referring to the bones in the 3d program that you use to animate a polygon mesh or model. But in the case of building a dragon model, there are actual 'bones' that show through the wings...as in my example that I posted. So the terms got confusing...both 'bones' referring to two different things. I started referring to 'control bones' when I meant the non-polygon model bones. You know, the type of bones that we use for manipulating the model. I'm going to eat a late lunch real quick, then I'll post an example to clarify the terms. Sorry for the confusion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Heres a room I was going to put the Dragon in,but it looked really crap [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Chamber.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9562  

Hey guys, long time no speaky! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like this subject... can't wait to see what comes of it. Ya picked a toughy though huh?! hahaa

Oh ya and...
    Anyone who has C4D might wanna check out June's issue of "Computer Arts" magazine. It has lots of stuff using C4D; i.e. a perfect 'review' score & lots of tutes.

Mark...

Heres that image this time.Boy is my face R255 G0 B0.

Name:	Dragon.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	2022  

Eric, yep that is it. Your tablet will work much better with that checked.