Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Opera now free!

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Default Opera now free!

The fastest browser on earth is now free for all! No serial number, no licence required anymore.

http://www.operasoftware.com

Enjoy and contribute to the end of sucking Internet Explorer...

--------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Default Re: Opera now free!

It is with mixed feelings that I welcome this news. I'm glad because I've been enjoying Opera for over two years now and love it. The built-in e-mail client is also very powerful, but somewhat quirky to get adjusted to. However, several months ago I paid $40 to register a copy of the program -- only to see it go for free now.

I guess I can say that I played my part in allowing Opera to get to this point.

Highly recommended browser, I'd encourage everyone to check it out.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Actually, that URL is for the company details. This http://www.opera.com is the more usual address.

(Trivia note: Opera Software ASA only used 'operasoftware.com' as their domain because the 'opera.com' domain was already taken. They acquired the 'opera.com' domain some years ago and have been using it ever since.)

Oh, and I echo joroho's sentiment: I've bought (Windows & EPOC versions) of Opera since version 3.60. I look upon their now being free as a something that I've helped to achieve.

thats awsome!!

Thumbs up Re: Opera now free!

Hey this is great. I have been using Firefox and I never tried Opera before. I am using it now and it does seem to be a lot faster. Does the email compare say to Outlook express ? Maybe I can ditch that program too.
    Last edited by a4hire; 09 October 2005 at 05:11 AM.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire
    Hey this is great. I have been using Firefox and I never tried Opera before. I am using it now and it does seem to be a lot faster. Does the email compare say to Outlook express ? Maybe I can ditch that program too.

Hey Bruce go to firefox web page and download the new beta version 1.5 beta 2
    its alot faster than version 1 and alot faster than opera. and is more web friendly on IE sites.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Hello Mike.
    I don't have the beta version. I will have to go and try that one.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I just installed opera to see whats it all about, and I dont think i'll use explorer again, now I just have to try firefox to see wich one I like better.

JohnLogan.

Hi John,
    I was a strong Firefox user until a week ago, when Opera cleaned up the room beating every browser ever seen!
    Are really astonishing the speed and the features packed in this free software (mail client, mouse gestures, ecc. ecc.).