Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Optimizing a Xara Website For Google Pagespeed

Hello everyone...

The instructions from https://www.sculptex.co.uk/optimizin...gle-pagespeed/ are great! Unfortunately it doesn't answer my question.
    I wrote to Xara technology in January 2024 because I wanted to know why my mobile version suddenly showed the following error at https://pagespeed.web.dev: "Does not have a <meta name="viewport"> tag with width or initial scale."

This also means that the font size is supposedly insufficient and the value for SEO falls from 100 to 79. I was told that this error would be fixed at the end of February or beginning of March. It's now May and the problem still exists. After my research, I found out that this error could also be caused by an incorrect font style? I have 4 projects with Xara and the problem: "Does not have a <meta name="viewport"> tag with width or initial-scale", is on only 3 projects. So I tried the font (Noto Sans) from the project WITHOUT this problem for the other projects. But without success. Does anyone know more?

Tessi

Hi Tessi, I've got Xara Designer Pro+ and I can't say I've encountered either of your errors. You could attach one of your troublesome web files here and I'll temporarily upload it to my site and see if I can replicate these errors.

Meanwhile chase up support again.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi again Tessi. I've had a look at your site and having cut it down from 32 to 1 page I did publish it on my site and even then it was a slow upload.
    I can confirm that I get the same "Does not have a <meta name="viewport"> tag with width or initial scale."
    But I also then looked at my root website and I get the same error. I believe this is due to the way Xara uses the single web page content to serve up both the desktop & mobile site. I even tried adding the below to my root page but it still comes up with the same error, so Xara's code is overwriting this somewhere along the way.
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    As your site contains adult content I have asked a moderator to remove your link above so it's not downloaded unknowingly by someone who may be offended by such or to young to view it.

I think it will be a while before Xara can resolve this issue but I don't see it as a big problem, All of my sites work as expected on whatever device.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host