Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font errors after update to Windows 10 creators edition (version 1703)

Just updated my desktop and laptop to the creators update.
    On starting Xara designer Pro 365 it opened the file I was working on but gave the error failed to find font metrics for Kabel ultra.
    It was showing in the fonts list in Xara but on checking in the fonts folder in windows it, along with a number of other fonts, were not there.
    This was the same problem with both the desktop and laptop.
    The missing fonts had been installed using bitstream font navigator and after checking the registry I found they were showing there and stored in the bitstream folder but they were not showing in the fonts folder.
    There seems to be a problem with fonts installed via shortcuts in the windows 10 creators edition.
    It's already mentioned in a few threads in the microsoft forums

The only solution I found was to delete the fontcache and then reboot to rebuild it.

Hopefully posting this here will save someone else some time trying to figure out what is going on

The problem was also showing in Xara Web designer Premium and other software
    Last edited by roguefx; 14 May 2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added additional text

Default Re: Font errors after update to Windows 10 creators edition (version 1703)

Update
    Rebuilding the cache only worked until the second reboot.
    The fonts had to be moved from the navigator cache folder and into the windows fonts folder.

So far the fonts haven't disappeared after several reboots