Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Clip art from previous versions of Xara Designer Pro

I want to add Xmas clip art from XDP7 to XDPx. In the design gallery of XDP7 there is a category called "Xmas (download). I looked in the clip art folders of XDP7 and cannot see a folder for the Xmas art. I see no indication of any kind of Xmas clip art. I read posts about adding old clip art on the forum but I really don't understand exactly what to do. Can anyone help? Thanks, Lew

Default Re: Clip art from previous versions of Xara Designer Pro

Whilst I've not played around with this, I do have the Christma clipart folder in Designer Pro 7.

Mine is located here:
    C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara_Designer_Pro_7\Clipart\clipart\Spe cialOccasions_DC\Christmas

I am using Windows 7.

If I go to the Design Gallery in Designer Pro X, then go to the Clipart folder, then there's a Christmas folder with the clipart.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Rik is 100% correct. Open the Designs Gallery, then open Clipart, then the Special Occasions folder , then you will see the Christmas folder.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you both for your response. I found the art you're talking about. However I wanted the specific Xmas photo clipart (I think it is) that is in the XDP7 design gallery in the section "Xmas (download)". In any event I created a XDP7 file with the art that I wanted, then opened it in XDPX and copied the art to the file I was creating. Thanks again, Merry Christmas! Lew (artworx).

Glad you got it sorted out Lew
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.