Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Problem with repel text

When I was laying out the text for Spookybeans, one thing I learned very quickly was to always paste the text from Notepad, and apply formatting in XDP itself. Made things a lot easier.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Always a good idea when pasting text from one application to another. You never know when formatting or baggage behind the scenes is going to bite you. Best clear it out first via Notepad or other text editor.

I don't know if someone has already answered your question but here's what I did and it worked. I tried two way first I imported the text then I went to clip art and brought an image over to the workspace then right clicked on the image and told it to repel text and when I dragged the image over the text it did indeed repel the text. I also tried typing text in Xara Pro 5 and went through the same procedure and it also worked. I hope you find this helpful.

Manny

Thanks, Manny and others who have offered further suggestions and comments. Let me repeat what I said back on p. 2 of this long but interesting thread: I DID succeed in getting the text to repel. I've succeeded both with plain text and with text from a .doc document in RTF. It may be that at times the additional coding in RTF may interfere with Xara, but both I and several others who have commented have succeeded in getting RTF text to repel.

Again, many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have found many of the comments very helpful.

I had this problem and I traced it to the text box itself having the 'repel text' option selected as well as the graphic. This seems to have happened when I selected both the text box and graphic together using the <SHIFT> key in order to reposition them both. In doing so, the text box appears to have picked up the 'repel text' parameter from the graphic. Sounds crazy I know, but that's how I resolved it.

I already had Web Designer 6, and this feature was working OK.

I upgraded to Photo and Graphic Designer 7, found that Repel Text did not work there, and also the installation seemed to have ‘nuked’ the Repel Text feature in WD6.

However, copying text to WordPad and then back to WD6 or PGD7, as described above, does work.