Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving printer settings

Is there a way to have Designer Pro 9 save printer settings between sessions?

I almost always print from Designer Pro to an inkjet printer, and I'd like it to be 9's default printer. But the inkjet is not my computer's default printer (the default is my laser printer).

Am I missing an option or setting somewhere?

Thanks.

Roger

Default Re: Saving printer settings

Not missing anything. Xara, like. some other applications I have, does not save printer choices or other settings.

Why not set your inkjet as the default printer and when you want to use the laser set that, or am I missing something.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Welcome to TalkGraphics RadioRog

Not missing anything. Xara, like. some other applications I have, does not save printer choices or other settings.
    I'm not sure what you mean Mike.

As far as I know, most Windows applications will print to the default printer. I'm not 100% sure about this, though.

If your inkjet printer is not the default printer, then you will need to select it each time you print. So it is a matter of which printer do you use more.

I find somethings like the number of copies printed, gets saved with the document. But settings like paper size for printing envelopes does not get saved. Even if you use the printer setup to change the paper to specify the envelope.

There are other Print Options that you can set that will determine how the paper goes through the printer. And these options are saved.

So, it's kind of a mixed bag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print 1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	99723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print 2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	99724  

@Gary,

LibreOffice and if I recall, Office, and a couple others that compose for specific proofing printers remember which was used. They "fail" gracefully in that if the specific printer isn't available, the default Windows printer is used.

It's not a big deal to me at all. If anything, if Xara presented the printer selection drop-down on the first dialog, that would be nice.

My first reply is all garbled anyway. I shouldn't dash off replies using my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    @Gary,

My first reply is all garbled anyway. I shouldn't dash off replies using my phone.