Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara & the iPad

Default Xara & the iPad

Greetings all.

Couldn't see, in a search, any previous reference to this, but I was wondering if anybody knew if the iPad will support Xara?

The iPad uses the same operating system as the iPhone and, as I've been wanting to use Xara on a Tablet PC for ages, I thought I'd ask the question...

Default Re: Xara & the iPad

Hi Biggy,

The simplest way to answer this would be to ask "Can you install Xara on the iPhone"..

The iPad will use the same O/S and software as the iPhone so the answer really is no.

Thus everyone's disappointment in the iPad not really being a tablet pc, but just a big fat oversized iPod.

If you want a tablet pc, buy a Dell or HP.

I have no insider information, but since it's an apple product and Xara products run on PC architectures, I feel very confident in saying "No".

What? Xtreme on mobile phone? Not a chance...
    John.

Not even a BIG mobile phone covoxer!

Thanks all for your input. I was pretty confident of the answer, but thought that there might have been a chance. I'll just keep waiting for that Tablet PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy Rat View Post
    Greetings all.

Couldn't see, in a search, any previous reference to this, but I was wondering if anybody knew if the iPad willi support Xara?

The iPad uses the same operating system as the iPhone and as I've been wanting to use Xara on a Tablet PC for ages, I thought I'd ask the question...

The iPad will use the same O/S and software as the iPhone so the answer really is no.

Thus everyone's disappointment in the iPad not really being a tablet pc, but just a big fat oversized iPod.
    Last edited by handrawn; 20 April 2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: remove spam links

Lightbulb Re: Xara & the iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy Rat View Post
    Greetings all.

Couldn't see, in a search, any previous reference to this, but I was wondering if anybody knew if the iPad will support Xara?

The iPad uses the same operating system as the iPhone and, as I've been wanting to use Xara on a Tablet PC for ages, I thought I'd ask the question...

I'ts not short way but its works fine.

I have little ASUSeeepc under windows XP with free version of TeamViewer and Xara installed. I keep it always turned on. Cloud storage make data accessible from any workplace.
    Ipad screens reliably with wifi connection.

Other details: Dark version of interface with large buttons, several icons with special functions from button bar placed to top menus. Full screen mode. Customized several shortcuts to "open position" (without alts,ctrls and shifts).

(native mouse "shift-click" tuning in progress).

My iPad does not. I don't know if using something like Rik and others use to be able to run such things on a Mac would work or not.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.