Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default [tweaks] Highslide Tweaks for XWD6

Inspired by John (covoxer) and Steve (sledger), I tried my hand at putting together some tweaks for the Highslide slideshow feature of XWD6. I zipped them up and attached them to this post. I used code snippets as presented on the Highslide website: http://highslide.com.

I’m nowhere near an expert in writing code and I hope, therefore, that John – who is one of the developers at Xara – is willing to take a good look at them. I’ve noticed that some code that I tried out seemed to reset some of XWD’s HS core settings, so perhaps it’s wise to wait till John gives his okay.

Most tweaks allow you to adjust settings/values. I included in the Placeholder “Replace with HTML code” window some directions. These are preceded by a double slash (“//”). I included some tweaks allowing to restore default settings/values because in some cases even after removing a tweak, the settings/values didn’t return to XWD’s original settings/values. This may very well have been caused by some code that didn’t really work the way I expected and which I, therefore, didn’t include in the tweaks.

The tweaks are listed in the next post. If you discover any issues with them, please mention them in this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 April 2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Updated Tweaks