• E

21 2.27%
  • F

25 2.70%
  • G

71 7.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Autumn Competition

I was going to vote for D but its made such a spurt in the last hour or so it doesn't need my help so I think I'll go for I'll go for............
    IP

Cool Re: Autumn Competition

C, because the bird is soft and pretty realistic-looking. Like the detail in B, but the mouth makes the lady look angry, or like she's pouting.
    IP

For anyone that has not received their email notice about the February Xara Outsider. http://www.xara.com/us/outsider/february10/

All the shortlist entries are great, however the number of votes shown above and the Outsider confirm that Derek's "B" entry has won.

Congratulations Derek.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Well done Derek
    IP

Thanks very much for the congratulations. etc. I didn't think it would ultimately win as people found the face a bit sulky; she’s bound to be a bit miserable though, look at her hair.
    Seriously, I was surprised by the total amount of votes cast, which is still growing strangely? Perhaps I am underestimating the number of members of, or visitors to TG but I certainly don’t remember that many votes being cast in the past. Perhaps in the future voting should be limited to registered members rather than allowing passersby to wield a vote. That way no My Face or Space Book friends could be called on to influence the voting which I believe would make it very unfair if the votes were influenced in that way by people who have collected lots of pretend friends on social networking sites.
    Please ignore me if you feel I’m being a poor winner, but I do like to see a fair contest or else the fun goes right out of it.
    On the bright side that’s the next upgrade paid for.
    Derek
    IP

but I do like to see a fair contest or else the fun goes right out of it.
    I absolutely agree - and I've brought this up in the past. I think it's fair and right that only registered members can vote. (Of course, it only takes a minute to register and become a member.)
    However it's not up to me or the other moderators.
    IP

Its a Xara Outsider competition, so its open - you do not have to be a TG member to enter [AFAIK]

On that basis, would seem a bit strange to restrict the voting to TG members only, to me anyway...

The poll is only in 'our' forum because that's convenient n'ce'pas?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Its a Xara Outsider competition, so its open - you do not have to be a TG member to enter [AFAIK]

On that basis, would seem a bit strange to restrict the voting to TG members only, to me anyway...

The poll is only in 'our' forum because that's convenient n'ce'pas?
    Steve(s)
    To be honest I didn't realise that it was open to non members to enter. I sort of assumed that it was members who were receiving the Outsider and so it was registered members who were entering. It being the case that it’s open to all, I suppose it only makes sense that the voting is open to all as well.
    Derek
    IP

Yes, that's the point. Only registered users of Xara software recieve the Outsider, or those that sign up for the Outsider at the Xara site.
    Of course we have many many registered members who are also users of Xara software yet never post (lurkers) - they are free to vote.
    IP

Well it may be splitting hairs but...

Do you need to be signed up for Outsider to enter the competition?

I have never entered one, but as far as I can see, anyone can navigate to the entry point....

Is there even a mechanism within TG to differentiate between TG Members, Registered with Xara/Outsider Members, and Joe Public?

Perhaps the poll should be on the Xara Website?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP