Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: When using Cut, Copy or Paste operations (not just in Xtreme) do you normally:

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Use the key shortcuts of Ctrl+X, C, V

142 85.03%
  • Select the menu options under the Edit menu

13 7.78%
  • Use shortcut buttons on the top bar (when available).

12 7.19%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do you normally cut, copy & paste?

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    The Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts are so ingrained into my work flow I use them nearly 100% of the time. I never use the Edit Menu drop-down options or shortcut buttons, however, I do occasionally (albeit rarely) use the mouse by alt/right+clicking and selecting cut, copy, paste, delete, etc. from the pop-out menu.
    Me too, exactly
    Tony
    IP

I also am a "right-click" person but I also do the Ctlr+ a lot!
    I think it's a "mood thing" for me.
    IP

I use Ctrl-keys combos.

However, in all my other apps that have a paste-in-place option with programable keys I adapt them to Xara's I use Ctrl-Shift-V. Paste-in-place is the winner for me.
    IP

Give me a keyboard shortcut and I'm a happy camper I occasionally use rt. click, but the menu bar, or better yet EDIT menu?? Not here.

I use one hand for the mouse and the other literally hovers over the left Ctrl/Shift area, ready for action......
    IP

Always right click mouse....
    IP

Even older than Ctrl+XCV is Shift+Insert, Shift-Delete and Ctrl+Insert which have been standard in Windows since version .

Perhaps not a big deal to all those youngsters who've only known the later combinations but I miss those short-cuts in Xara (and a very few other apps). Not just because they're intuitive and familiar to me but because, as a leftie mouse user (RSI in the right), the keys on the right of the keyboard are more convenient.
    IP

my laptop's right click button is not working so ctrl + C
    IP

CTRL keys almost exclusively. Exceptions come when I need a special paste function that doesn't have a key shortcut (or I don't know it), but those aren't common.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Right click or keyboard shortcuts, which ever's handy at the time. Very rarely the Edit dropdown........I'd almost forgotten it's there.
    IP

Normally I just use the menu options, unless I am doing lots of cut/paste work in repetition, then I use the "short cut keys". However most of my work has only a modicum of cut and paste. Mostly to remove a layer above what I am currently working with then "paste in place" within Xara. So I use cut and paste more as a layer management process rather than cut and pasting in order to add content to a graphic that I am working on.

Sometimes however, I create an element of a general project in a different file, saved so I can go back to it later, which I copy, then paste in the main project document.

GP
    IP