Greetings All,,,,Well, instead of wondering *where the black went*, now I am wondering where the IMAGE went.....After printing a traced bitmap, I noticed that part was missing...After a bit of poking around I discovered that it was sort of a *background* shape and I isolated it......It was only one of 4851 shapes, but IT WILL NOT PRINT .....
Tried some tricks....different printer drivers.....changing *PrintMask value* in the Registry....even put an outline on it and rotated to Portrait mode (an old Corel 4 move)....still no luck. SO:

Sent the file to Gary, Sean, and Xara Tech Support......Gary said it crashed XaraX Beta7,,,,Sean got it to print, but only by (cleverly) dividing it into two shapes,,,,,,Have not heard from tech support. They probably are busy with something .....special.

Guess it has TOO MANY NODES .....Wow ! How many is that, and how do we count them ???
The workaround is pretty clear----Export as bitmap -----But still,........ WHY ???
Of course, as one wise forum member said *You may think you are dealing with vectors, but it is a bitmap when it hits the page.*...True,,,still....
I am hoping that since former Xara programmers are On The Loose our forum may get a few doses of enlightenment....In fact,,justin_flude's suggestion that we look at the .ini & registry settings is a great idea..That should give us plenty to discuss until Godot gets here.
Regards,,,,,,,,,,Tad
I have attached the file if anyone wishes to experiment with failure . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Tad Bridenthal on August 24, 2000 at 11:57 PM.]