Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

I tell you what I'd like to see in WD - A bloomin' master page creator and page manager, quite frankly its ridiculous with the current system of just replicating pages and ending up with a million pages on one screen. In Serif Webplus, you have a masterpage manager, which will automatically stick the headers, footers, and templates on each page and automatically adjust so you can resize the page length. You can also manage the pages, make one a child of another etc.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by stuart1980 View Post
    I tell you what I'd like to see in WD - A bloomin' master page creator and page manager, quite frankly its ridiculous
    You're quite right and we've been waiting for similar in Xtreme. In defence of Xara, they've only recently liberated their software away from a single page application.
    IP

When dragging the right or bottom of a page to increase its size, enable a contraint key (ie., Ctr-drag) such that the stretching is done in whole pixel units.
    IP

What makes you think it isn't John?
    IP

Unhappy Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Intigrate menu maker. There is alot of help here but I just can't seem to get my button to work properly. Or at least have some drop down templates to use. Just when I thought I had it all working when I test it it won't do what I want them to do. I like the menu maker and now that I have it I'd like to use it. Sorry, I have a flaming headache from trying to work on these between other things and just simply getting lost and frustrated.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP

Steve, I see now its a feedback thing in the lower right of taskbar. Maybe a bug.

Begin with a 800 x 600 page, set the origin to the top-left corner.

Place cursor on right side of page. When the cursor changes, the taskbar shows 800pix. As soon as the cursor is dragged, the taskbar feedback shows .5pix increments. The decimal amount varies depending upon the zoom level.

The page size in the options dialog always indicates whole pixels while dragging. (I've never had the dialog opening while dragging with the mouse before, otherwise, I would have stated the above posting differently. Sorry.
    IP

Same in Xara Xtreme 3 and up.
    It's a cursor position status. Probably shows .5 because the tip of the cursor is .5 of a pixel at 1:1 zoom
    IP

Support for Dynamic content that causes variable page lengths,
    flyout menus.
    IP

I do hope the head honchos at Xara are taking note of our desires. As for me, Master Page, Master Page, Master Page! Such an option would be a great timesaver. Or a widget type function like WordPress has.

While I'm at it, how about a master page option for Xara 5, just like InDesign?
    IP

When you right click to edit the color of an object, the color pallete should pop up to the current color of the object. That way you can move it just a hair if you like, instead of having to try and get the same color all over again, or having to find and type in the hex color.
    IP