Hello again, will the 16384 pixel limitation ever be increased
    for those of us in large format printing 9ft just doesn't cut it anymore
    Xara has had this problem from Day 1,
    any chance this can be corrected, as other programs will export
    larger tiffs.

I work in the sign industry and I use Xara to design all my graphics
    however with vehicle wraps we need to exceed the 9ft range
    at times, hope this is on your list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara warning.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	48198  

Default Re: Will this ever change?

Hi jnerf,

I feel your pain - I asked for this during version 3 but no-one listened.
    PC's have plenty of power and RAM is cheap now so larger artboards should not be an issue. Even if they were, it's up to the user to define workable limits based on their hardware I think.
    SignLab allows 40metre banners if you need them. CorelDRAW doesn't place such limits either.

But there is a work-around for Xtreme

Attached is a 10metre x 2metre artboard for Xtreme.
    Save it into your templates folder.

Have a look and see how it works for you (I've never exported .tifs this size). I'll let you into the secret shortly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wink Re: Will this ever change?

I appreciate the template, but how does this help, when i go into options and set the units to inches the same warning pops up about the 9ft by 2 ft limitation while exporting, you said you would clue me in on the secret shortly,
    could I get the secret a little quicker possibly?

Thanks in advance

Ah yes, I've never used inches so not needed to check that. I guess you'll have to stick with metric with that template

I use CorelDRAW to create the page size I needed.
    Typed a bit of text on the page (like the page size for example), and then exported via File -> Publish to PDF.

Drop the PDF onto Xara's title bar, then save as a new template.

I'm not saying it's perfect, you'll still run into some Xara restrictions (like running out of memory when exporting large (3m) rasters where Corel etc doesn't) - but you do get a larger working page area.

What DPI do you print at? I imagine its pretty low, like around 150? So why not work at half-size, export your TIFF a 300dpi and change the DPI in Photoshop or something? Or wahtever will get you around your problem.

At 9ft wide, the maximum resolution would be around 150dpi (i.e. about 16,0000 pixels)

Now sorry, but 150dpi resolution for an image printed 9ft wide is madness. You'd have to have a magnifying glass to see the detail - on a poster 9ft wide. I can't conceive of a situation where you want a poster 9ft wide and still care that people might bring a magnifying glass up to the poster.

To be honest a resolution of 72dpi is more than good enough for any poster application I know of (and yes we have printed huge poster panels from Xara for exhibitions) and that's more than 18ft wide.