Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Making a bitmap logo spin in Xara3D Part 1

Thanks for the guide simsmj. I was hoping I'd be able to use a png or gif with transparency images as my shape. So how can I make my own shapes to use in Xara 3D6? What did you use to make your current avatar?

Hello, D.Realms, welcome to the forum.

The software we tend to use for vectors in this site is one of the Xara applications, the current flagship of the fleet being Xara Designer Pro. Xara3D is a standalone app which takes vector shapes and extrudes them, giving a solid 3-dimensional look. Such solid objects can be given a paint job by importing a texture in the form of a bitmap of some type, like bmp, png, jpeg, etc. The solid objects can be animated, but the shapes making them up cannot be edited in Xara3D itself, except for extrusion depth and type and size of bevels.
    Xara3D is unable to use transparency in these textures, but in exporting an image or animation, it can make the background transparent, if the target format itself permits it.

The avatar you refer to, (the spinning hollow earth) is quite a complex construction, definitely not for the faint-hearted! There is a tutorial describing it here.

Mike

thanks to all for making them, going to be very handy

if i gave one of you guys an image could you make it spin and maybe clean it up a bit... im working on my company website and really want my logo to spin i think it would look really cool if it could spin in 3d without all the yellow around the actual logo im not sure if you can do this... but from some of the pretty awesome work i saw on here im sure its possible.... i would even be willing to pay
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anytime logo.jpg 
Views:	2713 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	105611

We do not do freebees. Are you willing to pay for this service?

EDIT: I know you have no Xara software. We do not do freebees. Are you willing to pay for this service?
    Last edited by wizard509; 09 January 2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more information
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, this will be very useful for me

Hello
    Making logo spin went fine for me until I got into the instructions where is says to go to the
    Options Menu and select Textures. Problem is I can't find that Options Menu permitting this?
    Can anyone direct me to the correct Option Menu?
    Wayne

Can't help at the moment Wayne. I've just transfered from Windows 7 to 10. On trying to open X3D7 I got an error. Reinstalled but got an Exceeded Activation error, so I'm waiting for support to sort this out for me.
    Will get back when I'm up & running again.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    This is intended to be the first of a series of guides to answer the most common questions that visitors to the forum ask, including the frequent How do I make my logo spin?

The guide will assume little or no familiarity with Xara3D, and will start with the simplest possible method, and later ones will demonstrate somewhat more sophisticated methods.

Mike
    to difficult for me to readT_T

Could anyone please make this basic writing spin length ways please withe some thickness to it. Many thanks

Woodlands FC