Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Canon pixma ip4300 problem with Xara xtreme pro

Hi,
    I just got a new canon pixma ip4300 and have had a few problems printing some files from xara extreme pro.
    Some files start to print but after about a third of a page the page is ejected and then the printer continues on a second page. This page prints for about the same and then ejects before going on to a new page. This continues until the whole page prints.
    I have checked all the settings for page size etc. and these are all fine both in xara and the print driver
    The same files printed fine on a canon pixma ip3000 and a canon bjc 6500 so I am sure it's not the file itself but something to do with the driver for the ip4300.
    I have tried different drivers for the printer but these were the same.
    I have found one work around for these files which is below.
    In print options click on the output tab.
    Leave "print as" at "normal"
    set "Transparency resolution" to "manual" and "200"dpi
    set "Fill quality" to "High"

Has anyone else come across this problem before or another work round

Hope this is helpfull.

Default Re: Canon pixma ip4300 problem with Xara xtreme pro

Sounds as if you have the printer driver defined differently from the page. Try going up to the "Windows" part of your menu & turn on "Show print Borders". Then Zoom away from screen so that you can see the red and yellow print boxes the red is for the bleed of the page and the yellow shows the printable area.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks Albacore
    I checked the print borders and found that the print borders for the 4300 are 3.5mm on the right edge not the usual 3mm that the ip300 and bjc6500 use. This was only half the problem though as the image was safely within the borders. But in two of the files that I have checked so far there was a white filled rectangle in the background which overlapped the right border. This seems to have caused the problem, at least for these two files. Only thing is I now have to figure out where the white rectangle came in as it wasn't part of the original designs since both have white backgrounds anyway.
    The original files started out in xara and then moved to xara xtreme and finally pro so maybe something occurred during the transfers.
    Oddly, the same problem with the printer popped up with a coreldraw file yesterday.

I also have a Canon pixma ip4300 and ran into a problem with orientation. Both Xara and printer preferences were set to landscape, but it was printing portrait. I finally discovered that somehow, under "print options", portrait had been set and it was overriding the page settings under properties. I don't know if that is your problem but it is something you could check.

Mickie