Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Photo Border Problem

Hi,

I am testing out the Xara Xtreme trial that I just downloaded earlier... I'm trying to duplicate what was shown in the Photo tutorial where she adds the border and then recolors it... I've managed to duplicate everything except where she changes the color of the border... everytime I do it, it recolors the photo (fills with new color) rather than changing the border... I've watched this video (even paused on exact frame) to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong but I'll be damned if I can figure it out... could someone please let me know what I'm missing? I'm doing everything she did... and it's frustrating me to no end... arrrrrrggggghhhhh....

Thanx
    Linda =}

Default Re: Photo Border Problem

Hi Ikky

Explaining what she did is a lot easier than knowing what movie your watching. so give us a hint of which movie, then we shall see. However, small hint, when changing the colour interiour you left click on the mouse and to change the line colour you right click on the colour bar downstairs. Same thing applies in the box with the crosshatching, which is used to remove colours. So, don't be shy, tell us what particular movie out the thousands.....by the way, they're great, arn't they. Fantastic way to learn the program........frank
    .............frank

Hi Frank,

Thanx for your reply... I will try it and see if thats what I'm missing... the movie I watched was the Xara movie 1 on their Xara Xtreme info page... there are two demo movies there, one for photos and another for illustrations... Movie one showed some photo editing with blending and borders... I was just trying to duplicate what the movie did... was doing fine till that border thing... the movie moves so fast so it's hard to see unless you pause it at what she was clicking on... I paused it several times just to make sure I was clicking on the right things... coulda sworn I tried right clicking too but maybe I did it in the wrong place... it infuriates me when I can't figure something out and sometimes in that fury I overlook the simplist of answers... LOL... I will definitely keep in mind your instructions and try again... will let you know the results.. =}

Thanx Again,
    Linda =}

Smile Re: Photo Border Problem

I'm Back... LOL...

That was it... worked like a charm... your instructions were perfect... will be sure to remember that in the future...

Thanx again,
    Linda =}

Hi Ikky Linda

Sorry, I also misunderstood you. In xara, go into help (where I was looking) and you will find movies, movies, and movies and they are all great. Then on the forum, go into the xtream forum and look for eggs tutorials. Like all programs, there will be a learning curve. Unfortunatly, some of the young smart a_ses out there have such a fast learning curve that they are better than me in a couple of hours than all my years playing with it. You will probably be one of them, my 15 year old daughter certainly is.....who says life is fair........frank
    .............frank