Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy how to change 'Sharp Point' -> 'Smooth Point' and keep the handle direction and size

When I set a 'Point' from 'Sharp Point' to 'Smooth Point' ,the handle direction and size changed(see the picture below).
    It make me crazy!
    I wish sb. can help me,THX!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	q.gif 
Views:	211 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	28686  

Default Re: how to change 'Sharp Point' -> 'Smooth Point' and keep the handle direction and size

The only thing you could do would be to move the length of the bezier handles in towards the point. After rotating them to the correct angle.

Christine

Default Re: how to change 'Sharp Point' -> 'Smooth Point' and keep the handle direction and size

Quote Originally Posted by honeymax View Post
    When I set a 'Point' from 'Sharp Point' to 'Smooth Point' ,the handle direction and size changed(see the picture below).
    It make me crazy!
    I wish sb. can help me,THX!
    That used to drive me nuts as well.
    I solved the problem by just not doing it.
    I use sharp points all the time and never, and I mean never, use the smooth points. Works for me.
    No doubt there is someone who uses smooth all the time.
    Everyone has their own preferences.

Yeah, that's a really annoying thing to me too.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a solution.
    Whenever I really don't want to have 1 of the handles change their position, I zoom in really far to that handle and create a circle around the handle (with CTRL+drag). Then I smooth the point and move the curve handle back in the circle.

It's really hard to use the cusp joins to make a curve look completely curvy imo. One often notices that the curve looks "broken" at the point handle. Maybe I'm not doing this right :\

Default Re: how to change 'Sharp Point' -> 'Smooth Point' and keep the handle direction and s

>_<

Thinks everyone.
    Maybe Xara can solve this problem at next update.(wishing

Default Re: how to change 'Sharp Point' -> 'Smooth Point' and keep the handle direction and s

I guess I don't understand the problem. Why would you want to go from sharp to smooth in the same line?

I always found, it's easier to keep angular art from smooth art separate in the drawing process, then one can combine them later, join or some boolean, break point, join the points up etc etc.

Also, if I need smooth, I'll change tools. If I'm using shape editor, I'll switch to freehand brush tool (almost a guarantee for smooth lines.)