Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Requests for a more natural drawing mode

DRAW GROUPED

I think I already asked it a long time ago but perhaps I wasn't explicite or clear enough. Thus I use of my freedom of insistance

My request is very simple and perhaps it doesn't need too big changes in Xara code : Activate a Draw Grouped function via an icon ; then everything you draw or create is automatically grouped togheter with the first object you drew after activating the function, or with every single line or object selected at the time you activated the function.

This feature could have several advantages :

1° in complex drawings you don't need to reselect afterwards all the items you want to group (that could be particularly useful when a lot of objects are intersecting in the same drawing, some beeing parts of one group and some other ones to another group ... even if I reckognise that locked layers can help).

2° feathering intersecting grouped lines (see the picture below) gives a very interesting and natural look and feel to a drawing, nevertheless at the moment this is not possible to preview the result and thus to have any feed back at immediate drawing time. Thus with this feature activated if some Feathering and Feather Profile is given to the first line, the same settings are applied to the next ones in the group and as this is the case in any group the intersection between feathered lines are also feathered.

3° Idem point 2 for grouped transparency.

4° Idem for live effects : Imaginate that you are able to add anything to a selected group already modified by Live Effects !!! That could avoid to remove the effects, group the newly created line or object togheter with the existing group and re-apply (and sometimes completely rebuild) the Live Effects.

Kindly,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intersect.gif 
Views:	295 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	36528  
    Last edited by ivan louette; 27 March 2007 at 10:03 PM.