Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Xtreme Install error

I've just purchased the upgrade from XaraX1, and I keep geting this error message just after clicking the "Yes" button of the licence agreement.

For information, I already got this message when first installing Xtreme trial the day it got release, but it vanished after re-downloading the installation.

I've got X1 installed as well as the Xtreme trial from the first release. I can't uninstall the trial as I get the exact same error message

I've disabled my antivirus and antispyware without success.

Do you have a solution for this ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intall error.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	22466  

Default Re: Xtreme Install error

Hi JonJon,

Someone else report this problem a week or so ago. The thread where it was discussed is http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=19289

Haven't heard if the problem was fixed but maybe Bob's post could help fix your problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Xtreme Install error

I had a problem installing today and ended up having to clear out all references to Xara Xtreme from the registry to get it working.

The problem started for me when I cancelled the installation the first time. I think what it did then was set something that says it was uninstalled even though it wasnt. Anyway after clearing out the temp folders and having the same issue I did the registry prune to finally get it working again.

Not fun as there were other 'E'xtreme things listed in my machine. lol

Mike R