Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here are the principles of my "satin" effect. Of course fine tuning must be experimented particularly at steps 2, 5 and 6 in function of your original picture.

-1 The original bitmap is dark as often are Kodak PCD.

-2 Apply a flat bleach transparency (at first your image disappears) ; add a wall shadow with 0pt blur, 0% transparency, only a slight position shift, here horiz 1pt, vert -1pt, above profile on 0 and below profile on -0,72 ; create a bitmap copy and delete this copy but keep it in your bitmap gallery ;

-3 change the settings of your shadow: here blur 4,9pt, positions approximatively to defaults, above profile 0,94, below profile 0,6 ;

-4 clone the bitmap, remove the shadow ; set the transparency to bitmap, using the bitmap copy you have created at step 2 for transparency: center on 0% and handle on 100% (that will add some light) ; using defaults profiles ;

-5 clone it again, convert to editable shapes ; in this case I set the handle of the bitmap fill to orange red and the center to red, with an Alt Rainbow fill effect, above profile 0, below profile -0,62 ;

-6 clone again ; here I set fill handle to orange yellow and fill center to yellow and change above profile to -0,1, below profile to -0,48.

Try it and enjoy,
    ivan

Experiment all, re-invent the Rose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	satintut.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	19589