Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Attempt

Here's my first venture into space! Had to use some nice bitmap fills though.

--
    Graeme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Space.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	4975  
    Graeme

It has a very dynamic feel to it---the craft/ships really seem like they are streaking along---love the colors used throughout also!!!
    Nice work!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

There's something Babylon5 about it... erm, no - there are no "shadows" in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I didn't achieve the look I wanted and ended up relying on huge bevels to make the craft appear to have depth. I completely underestimated the effort needed to make this type of thing work - the next one might be better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

I love that show!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Well, you could've fooled me about this one, you say you're not quite sure if it works???!!---I really like it!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your next ones!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Great work!!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya..

B5 was the best SciFi series I ever saw. It was a shame it had to end but I think the author was right - to have continued it on would have only broken the well crafted plot.

In the UK during the 70's we had a SciFi series called Blake's 7 - nicknamed B7! - which still has a cult following. I remember thinking the "Liberator" was a great looking craft - it's a shame no-one seemed to know how to light it though!

Many B7 fans are also B5 fans and a remember seeing a website recently with a picture of the Liberator coming through a B5 jumpgate! Now that's a thought provoking storyline!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

references to B5 and B7 are lost on me. I never saw either show. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] What strikes me about the image is those bold star thingies with the flare effects -- they are awesome! They are so bright - they are hard to look at!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

On Sci-Fi, they are just now getting into the best episodes, when B5 succeeds from Earth Gov, and get ready for the Shadows! Great stuff!

There is a great website that has excellent commentary on the B5 episodes. http://www.tachyon.ic24.net/ (It's a UK site, and was down today,which is very unusual.)

A fun site for B5 fans (it is humor):
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/6928/

A great B5 links pages, with good links to many sites, and to B5 graphic art & wallpaper.

http://www.visi.com/~wildfoto/babylon5.html

You might say I am a fan! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I wish they had been able to follow the telepath arc to it's conclusion.

Dale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I've never seen B7---sounds like a worthwhile one too!!! I agree, it was hard to see B5 end, but better to end it while the quality was there than let it just die from problems. The story was just excellent---one of my favorite characters was J'kar, but most all of them were very complex and interesting. The writing was top-notch! I have watched the Trek series--all of them, I think I liked B5 even more than any of these though.

Dale--you certainly must be a "fan"---whoa!!! Fun links there too--thanks for posting those!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    -Mark Twain

Dale - Thanks for the fantastic links! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Maya.. I agree B5 is much better than Star Trek which of course does not have a progressive plot carried from one programme to the next.

Here's a link for a picture of the liberator - it seems there is a link between B5 and B7 - the B7 model creator worked on B5's CGI effects and J. M. Straczynski (B5's author) was a B7 fan!

http://www.hermit.org/Blakes7/Essays/liberator.html

Cheers!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

You're right the B7 and B5 connection is there and the Liberator is a very cool looking ship to be sure!!! It's 1:19 A.M. here at present and I'm a bit sleepy--will read about the B7 and the links later at a decent hour! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks again!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain