Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thanks to Ivan I dug out an image started some time ago and then forgotten due to preasure of work. Once dug out I couldn't resist tinkering with it and this is the result so far.
    It was started in response to walking round an overgrown grave yard with ramblers and ivy climbing over the fallen grave stones and bits of statues lying half buried on the ground
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grave_rose.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	11716  

Thanks to Ivan I dug out an image started some time ago and then forgotten due to preasure of work. Once dug out I couldn't resist tinkering with it and this is the result so far.
    It was started in response to walking round an overgrown grave yard with ramblers and ivy climbing over the fallen grave stones and bits of statues lying half buried on the ground

I think that's the expression of what I have written in my reply to your other post. And this idea stays much more again in your definitive version with his vivid colors and black background!

Great work, Derek.

Kindly,
    ivan

Do love surprises, re-invent the Rose.

...comes through the strength of the color of the roses in the darkness. O.K., they are paper like, but their color bring them alive!

Stunning!
    ivan

Be (sometimes) a symbolist, re-invent the Rose.

Stunning image Derek. Living in the high New Mexico desert, my hands feel like those in the image some times. :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

You'll think I'm crazy, but I don't always get a feeling of just sadness in these old types of graveyards--sort of whistfulness and a longing to know more about the people and what their lives were about...the epitaphs written sometimes are full of humor, or quite touching...the wild-growing flowers lend a feeling that beauty can be found in the most surprising places and life manages to spring anew. Memories and thoughts are like the flowers, very much alive in your fantastic image! Just my feelings.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Sees It---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

one word comes to mind...........WOW!!

Went, in my sick litlle mind, to Michael Jacksons Thriller video when he is dancing with the zombies.

I love the entire piece but HOW did you do the grass and the Hands???

Curious minds want to know.

WOW!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

The one epitaph I am interested to find is on the grave of someone who died on the Titanic who is in there somewhere. Its an interesting old grave yard as it has graves set into caves in a sandstone cliff and large glacial boulders that have been named the 'warstones' for some reason or other. All the more interesting as its in the near city centre area of Brum (Birmingham) call Brumigem after the jewellery quarter area that puts the 'gem' in 'brumigem'. History and Geography lesson over.

The hands were drawn in outline from a scanned pencil sketch, filled with a stone texture and shading overlaid where required. The grass is three blades of grass which are made up with fractal fill, transparancy and feathering, grouped and then cloned over and over, some stretched or enlarged to make as much as required. Trouble with that is the amount of objects you end up with becomes huge. My computer which is fairly well specified had a problem with the constant re-draws and I eventually lost the file after a lock up. The BAK file, once found, was then lost in a similar event which means that it now only exists as a 96dpi jpeg. I'm not about to redo it in the forseeable future I'm afraid.

It wasn't really meant to be a zombie thing, more about the bits of headstone laying around.. broken off heads and hands etc. kind of sad. Worn out and neglected, returning to nature.

derek

Oh and Gary
    Dry hands are something I long for.
    Living with wet dogs, cats, chickens and garden resembling a bog as it doesn,t seem to have stopped raining since before Christmas. Roll on the British Summer .... which is usually a warm afternoon in late June usually.

[This message was edited by masque on February 25, 2002 at 11:46.]

[This message was edited by masque on February 26, 2002 at 00:59.]