Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Teedee View Post
    * Quickkey to set/reset margins in text
    Like those on the text ruler?
    John.
    IP

I agree. A minor bug which doesn't detract from what remains a damn good piece of sofware.

The difference with XARA is that you get a real sense that people are actually listening when anyone points these little quirks out and you know that they will be sorted.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pat123 View Post
    !) contact form
    2) ecommerce solution
    3) paypal integration
    I Second that motion!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Teedee View Post
    Wish list:

* Proper names for the resources instead of 138.jpg. Current naming makes it hard to manually upload individual pages.
    WD should most Definitely NOT change the names of imported graphics... Despite what was said in an earlier post - certain tags like <H1> most certainly DO make a difference in Search engine optimization, just as the naming of graphics to something relative to the site also makes a difference in search engine placement! Just change these on your site and watch the placement change with it... It is going to be REAL pain to go back thru each page and RE-NAME the graphics in the folders and on the pages to match, if I want my page to move up in the ranks.
    Why not give us the option of keeping the naming for each graphic as it is imported or placed on the webpages? The numbering system just won't cut it for me.
    WD really is an awesome program, but the time it saves me in one area is being taken up doing other things to make up for what it won't do.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't know if this has been mentioned before -- sorry if it has...

I'd like to see John's (Covoxer's) priceless Tweaks be implemented as a feature such as "Get Tweaks..." that when clicked in the Design Gallery menu, would download & install/update the tweaks automatically. That way Xara could update the download as new tweaks are developed.

I'd also suggest that a graphic icon be developed for tweak placeholders --- so rather than just the yellowish rectangle the placeholder had a little something to highlight that it actually is a placeholder.

Regarding the tweaks, I'd suggest these be promoted as as important feature in the marketing of Xara WD. This form of extendability is very important to users and I thank John for his work in developing them.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by KWard View Post
    Why not give us the option of keeping the naming for each graphic as it is imported or placed on the webpages?
    Would this option help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageplaceholder.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	58934  
    IP

Talking Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

I just bought the application over the weekend. Thrilled about it, but there are two basic functions which I would like to see. I realize that these functions are available, but not very user friendly as other functions in the application:

1. Easy way to make tables, like with Excel. Tables are an intricate part of any Web page, at least mine, and a user friendly application like Web designer needs to have an easy way to make tables. Right now, it's a real pain in the.... Either you do your tables in Excel and import them, but even then, there is no great flexibility. You can also develop tables using boxes within web Designer, but it's not easy. I'm sure you can can come up with something, you already did a super job with the rest, lets not be stingy and complete the loop.

2. Drop-down menus. Again, there are ways to do this, but they are not easy. Let's go, give us a real easy tool to work with and complete the loop.

That's it. I'm sure I could think of other functionalities, but I'm satisfied with whith what I have.... if you give me the 2 features I am requesting.

Rick from Montreal
    IP

Here's a request I've not yet seen and one I'd love to see (in xtreme as well):

transparency at the layer level. this can be used for image display tricks, but also so that you can see what's going on on a layer below the one you are woking on, for lining stuff up, etc. PSP has this as an example.
    IP

I've not yet seen and one I'd love to see (in xtreme as well)
    See post#7
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37188
    IP

My original: Wish List: Quick keys to set/reset margins
    Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Like those on the text ruler?
    Checked the Quick Keys list again but do not see any Quick Keys for resetting margins. In the work I do it is often necessary to indent a few paras and then drop back to no indent. For example CTRL Q (not currently used in Text Tool) could remove para formatting (a la Word) and CTRL SHIFT I or just plain TAB to indent the para or even BKSPACE.

At the moment I get around it by doing the first indent then using Copy & Paste Attribute. This is a bit of a pain but better than manipulating those ruler markings.

If something has been implemented please advise as I have not found it yet. (May be having a male look)
    IP