Michael,

A thousand thank yous!!! Your advice was right on. Before I read your advice, I would use the Wacom tablet control panel and then close the control panel and then open PP9.

But thanks to your advice,
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Open PP9 and the Wacom software. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I'd be brave and try having them both open just like you suggested(having both open never used to work with last year's Wacom driver -- or maybe it was the win 95 driver).

And abracadabra! That was the magic sequence. I was finally able to get the tablet setup in PP9 to work. You're a genius! Thank you sooo much! You made my shiny new copy of Photopaint 9 work.

As to the invisible paint brushes like "fine streaks" (no ghosted cursor). I did figure that one out on my own (once your fabulous advice got my Tablet working correctly).

I figured out that on my PC, the fine streaks brush is invisible to me because the program defaults to 99% transparency on the pen/brush properties. If I just move the transparency down to 89% transparency or even as high as 98% transparency, then I see the ghosted image of the brush's cursor.

So now everything works!! (I do have to decide whether I'll used Photopaint or Painter in a given computer session . . .they don't seem to share my tablet very well. . . nothing a quick Windows restart can't cure. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Thanks again,

Athena
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]