mysasag,

This is no way to introduce yourself to Talkgraphics and ask for asistance.

Members here will fall over backwards to help newcomers who are experiencing difficulties.
However, as I mentioned in my PRIVATE Message (PM) to you, the best way to ask and receive help is to act in a civil and calm manner.

Attempting to add urgency to your complaints about your problems by citing unsupported third party complaints about Xara support is worthless.
Once again, TG is unable to assist with any complaints about Xara's Support.

Posting a PM on the open boards is a breach of trust and for this you have received an infraction.

The removal of your first post at TG was as much to help you as it was to prevent potentially negative responses from other members. However in light of your second post and intention, I will post your original message here for members to make up their own minds as to how it should be defined.

I've never seen anything like this ridiculous company!!! There's no tech support whatsoever. No live person. No way to submit a ticket. I've tried everything I can think of to submit a ticket. I bought their sh*tty product, and can't load it. And there's no one to talk to, no one to call, no one even to email. F! this company. You guys suck, majorly. I paid my money and their garbage program won't even load. RIP OFF ARTISTS!!!

EVERYONE BEWARE OF THIS POS COMPANY!!!!

This thread is now closed.